Destination: Springfield TN!

The final stop on our antiques road show was one of my favorite spots - Springfield, TN! This small city is about 24 miles north of Nashville. We only visit one store here, the Springfield Antique Barn, but it is so worth the trip! The Antique Barn is huge, and there are always lots of bargains to be found! It's very dealer friendly, and many of the booths offer discounts frequently. The Barn is packed with furniture, glassware, collectibles, and lots more. Some of my most unique finds have come from this store!
And right around the corner is one of my favorite spots for lunch, Burdett's Tea Shop. Located in an historic building, Burdett's exudes charm and ambience. The menu includes many delicious sandwiches, and my favorite, a full tea service for one or two! Mini sandwiches, bite sized desserts, and scones with clotted cream all served on a tiered tray just make me smile! The custom house blended Fruit Tea is wonderful, and the ham and cheese scones are amazing! I often get a dozen or so to take home!
My aunt and I spent a happy few hours in Springfield, and then finished out our trip with a visit to Franklin, KY, another favorite destination. Our road trip was a wonderful experience, and I can't wait to map out another one!

Comments

  1. Hello there! Found you through Bloom, Bake & Create, love your work, now I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I haven't been there. I just got back from Franklin KY after a trip to
    Brights now I have to go back to Springfield can't wait. I'm collecting
    info on must go to Antique Malls and Sweet Places to eat. Thanks bunches for thetips.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts