{Workshop} Japanese Stab Binding


Here's a sneak peek of the latest workshop I'll be teaching at Blick Art Materials in Evansville, IN! The workshop will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, February 25th. Click here for all the details and registration information.


This upcycled sketchbook is just one of three projects that we will make in the workshop using Japanese stab binding techniques. Stab binding is simple, elegant, and extremely decorative!


I loved the whimsical illustrations in this children's book about hot air balloons, so I used some of my favorite pages for the end papers inside the covers.


Blank pages turn this discarded book into a practical and pretty sketchbook! If you are able to join me for the workshop, I will have a variety of books available, but please feel free to bring your own if you have a special book you would like to use. The book should be a slim one, with a spine no more than about 1/2" or so in thickness. I hope you'll be able to join me for the workshop!

Comments

  1. hey kim, looks like fun! how long is the class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roni! This class will be a lot of fun! It should last about 2 hours or so.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts