Snail Mail {Book Review}


Do you feel a little zing of excitement every time you open your mailbox? I do, even though I know I'll probably only find bills or circulars. How gratifying though to open that little door and discover a handwritten note! The book Snail Mail by author Michelle Mackintosh shares the idea of "Rediscovering the art and craft of handmade correspondence." So we can all experience the delight of a thoughtful letter or card more often.


I was instantly charmed when I received a copy of this book for review and opened it to discover 6 chapters brimming over with detailed ideas for communicating with friends and loved ones in a more meaningful way.



I particularly loved this quote and the accompanying forest of pretty papers found in chapter 1: Write Here, Right Now!


Chapter 4: Brown Paper Packages, shares several ideas for sending care packages filled with thoughtfully chosen items and indulgent treats to bring a smile to the recipient.


I loved this fun collection of letters in chapter 6: Getting the Most from Your Post! When I was in grade school, I had a penpal from Canada, and I still remember how thrilling it was to receive a letter from her! I plan to spend several happy hours poring over this lovely book, and I'm already inspired to create some projects from its pages!

Snail Mail by Michelle Mackintosh (Hardie Grant) Photography: Chris Middleton 
Please note that I received a copy of this book for review from the publisher, but all opinions are my own.

Comments

  1. I think I need to buy this book, it sounds wonderfu! Thank you for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed the review Patty! I highly recommend the book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts