{Red, Black & Cream Collage Journal} The Best is Yet to Be


I had tons of work to do at the studio the other day, so of course I made a 2-page spread in my Red, Black & Cream collage journal instead! The theme of the pages is "The Best is Yet to Be." I love collage for so many reasons: the mysterious layers peeking out here and there, the chance to use up all those bits and pieces I've gathered over the years, and the hidden meaning that can be incorporated into the collage itself.


For example, I was thinking about how at age 49 I'm {hopefully!} in the middle of my life. So I used pages from a french book with those numbers. I created the pages in the middle of my journal to carry through with that idea. I'm a sentimental person, and I view my happy memories with great nostalgia, but I try to view the future with optimism, hence the quote on the bottom of the pages.


Birds are one my favorite motifs, so I used some tiny wooden birds, and a collectible vintage bird card to represent soaring into the future. I tried to restrict myself to the materials on hand, so fortunately some of the goodies I shared in my post about Art is You Nashville were scattered on my worktable! So many exciting things are happening in my creative life right now, so I truly do feel that the best is yet to be!

Comments

  1. Isn't it amazing how some of the best work comes from when we should be doing other things?! Love this page and you have lots to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts